For improving healthcare, artificial intelligence in medicine is a great idea that can advance the patient communication and healthcare professionals. AI mainly enhance the capacity to process & store large amounts of data in an intelligent manner and translate that information into functional tools. To make sense of unstructured data, AI uses complex computer algorithms & puts a wealth of information at providers fingertips.
As per researchers, day by day with emerging technologies artificial intelligence infuses the modern healthcare system & generates new insights. In our previous article, we explain hospital information system, laboratory information system, Virtual reality, PACS, Radiology, cloud computing, Best Medical apps etc in detail. I this article we are going to explain Artificial intelligence benefits & applications in detail.
Artificial Intelligence, a great boom in Healthcare Industry
Artificial intelligence creates intelligent computer systems that perform tasks without receiving instructions directly from humans. Let’s have a look at its benefits, applications, implementation tips etc.
Sometimes while implementing any software or technology, due to lack of knowledge we did wrong which adversely affects our system or equipment. Similarly, AI implementation can greatly enhance care delivery, but it can also be disruptive to healthcare providers or teams. Before adopting this technology, go through its implementation tips for smooth healthcare. Following tips are described below:
- As a tool frame AI to augment clinical judgement, experience and training.
- Explain the AI platform ways to patients, hospital and healthcare providers.
- For increased interoperability between systems, advocate end users & EMR vendors because the lack of EMR integration knowledge will become a barrier to the effective use of AI.
- Always involve or engage medical students, colleagues, partners, patients in discussions of limitations & possibilities of AI.
- While acknowledging the need for vigilance in use & implementation always kept in mind the benefits of artificial intelligence.
Benefits of Artificial Intelligence:
You know technology really day by day reaches the zenith and brought new things in front of us for convenience. Today’s artificial intelligence technology allow non-living things like robots & computers to think for themselves to an extent. Take a look at artificial intelligence benefits in the healthcare industry.
- Fast & Accurate diagnostics: Some diseases require immediate action otherwise they will become more severe. In the case of AI, the neural network of the brain is look alike, has the ability to learn from previous cases. After some studies or research on artificial neural networks, researchers says that it is scientifically proven that these networks can diagnose fast & accurate some other diseases includes eye problems,malignant melanoma etc.
- Reduce Human errors: Profession of doctor is very sensitive, they have to take care of each & every patient. In a day they can see a lot of patients which can be very exhausting because it requires attention and knowledge of the patient. Sometimes due to lack of activeness, human error may threaten the patient safety. To overcome this AI as a super human spell checker will assist doctors by eliminating human error & relieve them of monotonous & time-consuming tasks.
- Cost Reduction: With the emerging technologies including artificial intelligence, the patient can get doctor assistance without visiting hospitals/clinics which results in cost cutting. AI assistants provide online care & assist patients to add their data more frequently via online medical records etc.
- Virtual Presence: This technology also known as Telemedicine which allows specialists to assist their patients who live at remote locations. Using a remote presence robot, doctors can engage with their staff & patients in hospitals/clinics & assist or clear their queries.
Applications of Artificial intelligence in healthcare:
Like a Coin has two faces, similarly, each and everything has pros and cons which make them suitable for a particular field. Take a look at some applications of artificial intelligence in healthcare because there are many different types of clinical tasks that required expert systems. Following of artificial intelligence applications are:
- Image recognition & interpretation
- Diagnostic Assistance
- Generating Reminders & Alerts
- Therapy Planning
Hope you all like this article. For any suggestions please comment below. We always appreciate your suggestions.